As an independent statutory body, we make decisions on who can become a RAP in Victoria.
Role of RAPs
RAPs are the primary source of advice and knowledge on matters relating to Aboriginal places or Aboriginal objects in their region. Their core functions include:
- Evaluating Cultural Heritage Management Plans.
- Assessing Cultural Heritage Permit applications.
- Making decisions about Cultural Heritage Agreements.
- Providing advice on applications for interim or ongoing Protection Declarations.
- Entering into Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Land Management Agreements with public land managers.
- Nominating Aboriginal intangible heritage to the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Register and managing intangible heritage agreements.
Reviewed 25 November 2018