The Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Council hosts an annual regional meeting to promote Aboriginal culture.
Meetings are held to:
- share knowledge about managing cultural heritage
- raise concerns or ideas
Who can attend
You may find this meeting helpful if you work in the following organisations:
- Traditional Owner groups
- local councils
- water catchment management authorities
- land management
- emergency services
- government agencies
One regional meeting is held each year. The last regional meeting was held in Lorne in June 2018.
Topics from 2018 roundtable discussions
- Amendments to the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006 and future functions of the Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Council.
- Aboriginal cultural heritage and land management.
- Engagement between local government and Traditional Owners.
- The return and protection of Ancestral Remains.
Reviewed 21 January 2020