Suspension of a Victorian Registered Aboriginal Party

We can suspend a Registered Aboriginal Party if they fail to deliver services outlines under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006.

A Registered Aboriginal Party (RAP) can be suspended if they fail to:

  • consider or advise on applications for cultural heritage permits
  • evaluate cultural heritage management plans
  • perform a cultural heritage agreement

RAPs can also be suspended if they're:

  • no longer a body corporate registered under the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006
  • placed under Special Administration
  • enter liquidation

A RAP will receive 28 days' notice if Council plans to suspend its registration.

Appealing suspension

You can appeal the suspension of your RAP to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Aboriginal Heritage Council