Fundamental to this work are Council’s responsibilities to:
- support Traditional Owners in the protection and management of their Cultural Heritage
- promote public awareness and understanding of that Cultural Heritage
- manage the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Fund
- promote and facilitate research into Aboriginal Cultural Heritage
Living Culture Grants Program
About the Program
The Living Culture Grants Program provides support to Victorians to protect, manage and celebrate Victorian Aboriginal cultural heritage. When people are proud of their culture, they protect it. Pride grows through a strong connection to culture.
Council supports Traditional Owners to share knowledge across Country and generations. Cultural connectedness is essential for thriving communities and Council will support Aboriginal people to understand their culture and identity more deeply.
Our cultural heritage is best understood through demonstrating respect for Traditional Owners – our knowledge, our skills, our appreciation of our heritage. The practicing of our culture and traditions makes us stronger and this strength offers all Victorians opportunities to value, understand and celebrate the unique cultural heritage we care for on behalf of all of us.
To be eligible to apply, you must answer ‘yes’ to the following questions:
- Does the project raise awareness, research, protect or manage Aboriginal cultural heritage in Victoria?
- Are the project objectives being met by another initiative?
- Is the project supported by a Registered Aboriginal Party or Traditional Owner group?
- Does the project have the support of the landowner on which it is to be undertaken?
- Is the applicant eligible to receive funds?
In some instances, projects will be ineligible for funding. These include, but are not limited to:
- RAPs with an outstanding RAP Funding Report
- projects without the support of the landowner of the land on which the project is to be undertaken
- projects where documented procurement processes have not been undertaken
- projects that have received previous funding
Small grant $1,000 - $10,000 Medium grant $11,000 - $20,000 Large grant $21,000 - $30,000
Please complete the Application Form and associated documents below.
Applications should be:
- submitted in an acceptable file type (e.g. Word, Excel, PDF, or JPEG)
- not larger than 5MB in size
- contained within one email, zipping the files if required
Taking Control of our Heritage Indigenous Cultural Heritage Conference Attendance Support Programs
Reviewed 21 May 2021